As we know when it comes to the tale "The Wife of Bath", the story is filled with sexual content everywhere you look. The sexual things in this story isn't just about sleeping with multiple men at different times, but as well a relationship wise... Having different relationships and "relations" with people. Likewise, in the story "Metamorphoses" in regards to sex there was a lot of "sexual violence". Not only were there violent sexual things pertained in this story, but human sexuality and animal sexuality. A modern song that could relate to the, "The Wife of Bath" is "Love Em All", by K. Michelle. I choose this song because, K. Michelle and the Wife of bath shared multiple characteristics. One of hose major characteristics were as the tittle states... they both "Love Em All". This song can also relate to Metamorphoses.
When I was doing this post I decided to look at Demarshun for my male and for my female I chose Dainty. When reading Demarshun post his view on women was " the modern day woman in majority of households is the head of that household. I remember there was a time, when the "man of the house" made decisions and those decisions was the law of that house". whereas, when reading Dainty post she feels as if , "most women play the role of both wife and mother, but also as a contributing and equal member of the household and society". When reading each of these post they both shared a similar thought in regards to women having more say so, then back in the day.
i LOVE how you chose to use the song "Love Em All" to represent "The Wife of Bath's Tale". That song perfectly represent the way the speaker in "The Wife of Bath's Tale" felt about relationships, love, and marriage. She felt there was nothing wrong with having 5 husbands and thinks it should not matter how many sexual partners she has. Just like in "Love Em All" she says "They say I move too fast, going man to man, always holding a new hand," (3-5). They also share the similarity how they both use their sexuality to have authority and power over the man which is proven through her lyrics "Why can't they understand, sex is irrelevant, just a game in my head, I'm playing and I'm winning" (6-9).
ReplyDelete