Today when it comes to the women role, it's definitely changed in the U.S. Women back in the day were known to play the role as "housewife". Their main duty during that time was to stay at home, cook, clean, and to be their supportive to their husbands as they take care of their household. In today's time its different because women want to do more than stay at home, they actually want to go out and better themselves and receive a higher education. Unlike Nora, women are no longer looked at as not being capable to do certain things, because of them being women. They now receive more respect than back then.
When I was doing this post I decided to look at Demarshun for my male and for my female I chose Dainty. When reading Demarshun post his view on women was " the modern day woman in majority of households is the head of that household. I remember there was a time, when the "man of the house" made decisions and those decisions was the law of that house". whereas, when reading Dainty post she feels as if , "most women play the role of both wife and mother, but also as a contributing and equal member of the household and society". When reading each of these post they both shared a similar thought in regards to women having more say so, then back in the day.
I completely agree with your post. Women can overcome anything now, which shows how much the world is changing. Good post.
ReplyDelete