Skip to main content

Post 10: Comparing and Contrast Modern Epic Hero

As i was reading through each of my colleagues blog post about their perspective on epic here it seemed very strange. This was strange reading a lot of the post due to the fact that everyone seemed to have the same perspective on what they though a modern hero was. Which all seemed to share two of all the same characteristics which were "loyalty, and bravery". While reading Detaria post I seen that she classified "Veterans" as a epic modern hero. I honestly wouldn't have even thought about Veterans as being a modern epic hero, but I do agree. In my post i mentioned a hero having loyalty. Veterans shows that by staying committed to the quest that they've went on when serving our country, and making sure they got business done!
Furthermore, I read Jessy post and agree with her as well! Being that most modern heroes are successful! When it's all said and done, everyone shared similar post in regards to their perspective on "What they thought a modern epic hero" was.
In the final analysis, when it comes to a modern hero and a classical hero I think their different because, classical heroes are from a time when life happened to be harder and people had to show the characteristic of selfishness in order to survive. Modern heroes were more on the side whereas, they not only did anything good for themselves but others as well...Classical heroes were considered to be men who were stronger, or even braver then other men. Whereas, modern heroes are defined as "a person (women could be these heroes as well)of distinguished courage or ability. Although their different they do share similarities, they both demonstrate the things a man can achieve with having a great attitude.

Comments

  1. "Veterans shows that by staying committed to the quest that they've went on when serving our country, and making sure they got business done!" Such a true sentence! Veterans, by far, are some of the most loyal individuals I know. It has been very obvious in this election and past elections. Everyone likes a certain candidate, even soldiers- yet I have never heard one bad mouth the president no matter how much against them they are. They have a sense of loyalty to their country which also includes the president, so they will always respect them.
    I 100% agree with your comparison between epic/classical heroes and MODERN epic heroes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post26: Comparing Colleagues Post About Modern Women

When I was doing this post I decided to look at Demarshun for my male and for my female I chose Dainty. When reading Demarshun post his view on women was " the modern day woman in majority of households is the head of that household. I remember  there was a time, when the "man of the house" made decisions and those decisions was the law of that house". whereas, when reading Dainty post she feels as if  , "most women play the role of both wife and mother, but also as a contributing and equal member of the household and society". When reading each of these post they both shared a similar thought in regards to women having more say so, then  back in the day.

Post 2: Favorite Movie

When it comes to movies I rarely look at those. Although, I don't look at movies as much I do recall watching a movie entitled "Frozen", with my little cousin. This movie had tons of figurative language throughout it. There were similes throughout the entire movie. One of them that stuck out to me was when she used the wind to compare to her emotions. "The wind is howling like the swirling storm inside." The meaning of this particular figurative language was to express her emotions that she was having at the moment which were going crazy like the wind. Another form of figurative language that was used in this movie was metaphors. "She is cold", although she's comparing two things to indicate that she's cold, she's not using the words "like or as". These are just two to the figurative languages presented in this movie, with there literal meaning although there more.

Post 9: What Symbolizes You?

This post is actually one of my favorite ones thus far. When reading what this post was supposed to be about I didn't have any problem thinking about what item to choose. The item that I've chosen to elaborate on, because it symbolizes me well is; my tattoo on my wrist. On my left wrist I have a tattoo that says " Queen ". From the day I've gotten this tattoo I've thought of it as more than just a "tattoo". It symbolizes that I'm a " QUEEN and, whenever I feel myself settling for less I look down on my wrist, and I see those five letters and it makes me remember that...I'm a QUEEN and not to ever settle for anything less than what I expect or, know that I'm worthy of and to never allow anyone to tell me different.