When it comes to comparing Hamlet to the characters that we've read about it could be quite interesting. Hamlet was a guy whom showed the characteristic of being a very strong man. When it comes to a character who we've discussed in class that shares similar characteristics I'd choose Gilgamesh. They both had strength and also power,also were both viewed as being valued in the beginning of each story. Gilgamesh sleeked the power of immortal life, to continue the journey of achieving the mortal failing of his friends, whereas Hamlet seeks the strength to avenge his farther's death. This showed that they both were determined and strong.
When I was doing this post I decided to look at Demarshun for my male and for my female I chose Dainty. When reading Demarshun post his view on women was " the modern day woman in majority of households is the head of that household. I remember there was a time, when the "man of the house" made decisions and those decisions was the law of that house". whereas, when reading Dainty post she feels as if , "most women play the role of both wife and mother, but also as a contributing and equal member of the household and society". When reading each of these post they both shared a similar thought in regards to women having more say so, then back in the day.
I like that you thought about Gilgamesh and found similarities between both characters, because i had a hard time finding any. Good Job!
ReplyDelete