When it comes to this semester and the Works that we read the one that I enjoyed the most was "Wife of Bath's". I literally enjoyed this story so much simply because of the main character who was the elderly woman. Her whole entire demeanor about herself from this story made me think of my mother in someways. Due to her determination of standing up for what she wanted. Although she was a major feminist in this time, and did whatever she needed for her money. "For winning wolde I al his lust endure, And make me a feyned appetyt- And yet in bacon hadde I never delyt." (422-424). I would defintly read this tale again being that I could actually feel as if i were there during this story due to it feeling, as if it were written in modern day time.
When I was doing this post I decided to look at Demarshun for my male and for my female I chose Dainty. When reading Demarshun post his view on women was " the modern day woman in majority of households is the head of that household. I remember there was a time, when the "man of the house" made decisions and those decisions was the law of that house". whereas, when reading Dainty post she feels as if , "most women play the role of both wife and mother, but also as a contributing and equal member of the household and society". When reading each of these post they both shared a similar thought in regards to women having more say so, then back in the day.
The fine wife of Bath may be one of my all-time favorite characters. She is so bawdy and fun. I'm pleased that I could introduce you two. And thanks for being in my class. You write well, so continue.
ReplyDelete