Skip to main content

Post 16: Elements in this Poem

A poem that shares a lot of mythology is a poem entitled "Ode on a Grecian Urn" by, John Keats.
The speaker throughout this poem is showing their appreciation in regards to this Greek Urn their looking at during this poem. This person is showing such amazement in the beauty that this particular urn is giving off. "Thou foster-child of silence and slow time, 
Sylvan historian, who canst thus express 
       A flowery tale more sweetly than our rhyme: 
What leaf-fring'd legend haunts about thy shape 
       Of deities or mortals, or of both, 
               In Tempe or the dales of Arcady? 
       What men or gods are these? What maidens loth? 
What mad pursuit? What struggle to escape? 
               What pipes and timbrels? What wild ecstasy?"
From this poem I learned that whether a item is big or small, either way you can still see the beauty in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post26: Comparing Colleagues Post About Modern Women

When I was doing this post I decided to look at Demarshun for my male and for my female I chose Dainty. When reading Demarshun post his view on women was " the modern day woman in majority of households is the head of that household. I remember  there was a time, when the "man of the house" made decisions and those decisions was the law of that house". whereas, when reading Dainty post she feels as if  , "most women play the role of both wife and mother, but also as a contributing and equal member of the household and society". When reading each of these post they both shared a similar thought in regards to women having more say so, then  back in the day.

Post 2: Favorite Movie

When it comes to movies I rarely look at those. Although, I don't look at movies as much I do recall watching a movie entitled "Frozen", with my little cousin. This movie had tons of figurative language throughout it. There were similes throughout the entire movie. One of them that stuck out to me was when she used the wind to compare to her emotions. "The wind is howling like the swirling storm inside." The meaning of this particular figurative language was to express her emotions that she was having at the moment which were going crazy like the wind. Another form of figurative language that was used in this movie was metaphors. "She is cold", although she's comparing two things to indicate that she's cold, she's not using the words "like or as". These are just two to the figurative languages presented in this movie, with there literal meaning although there more.

Post 9: What Symbolizes You?

This post is actually one of my favorite ones thus far. When reading what this post was supposed to be about I didn't have any problem thinking about what item to choose. The item that I've chosen to elaborate on, because it symbolizes me well is; my tattoo on my wrist. On my left wrist I have a tattoo that says " Queen ". From the day I've gotten this tattoo I've thought of it as more than just a "tattoo". It symbolizes that I'm a " QUEEN and, whenever I feel myself settling for less I look down on my wrist, and I see those five letters and it makes me remember that...I'm a QUEEN and not to ever settle for anything less than what I expect or, know that I'm worthy of and to never allow anyone to tell me different.