When it comes to images they can mean many things. Images
can mean different things simply because we as people all interpret things differently
from one another, and don’t think the same way. The things that an individual
may have went through during the lifetime whether it was good or bad influences
how they interpret images. One of my favorite songs haves a lot of imagery in
it, by Adele “Hometown Glory”. “I like it in
the city when the air is so thick and opaque
I love to see everybody in short skirts, shorts and shades
I like it in the city when two worlds collide
You get the people and the government
Everybody taking different sides.”
I love to see everybody in short skirts, shorts and shades
I like it in the city when two worlds collide
You get the people and the government
Everybody taking different sides.”
This
song makes me get a view of where she’s from, simply by the lyrics presented
above, it also lets me feel as if I’m there because of the wording she used in
the song to paint a picture. Even though of course were not from the same
place, it makes me feel as if I’m there because of the awesome imagery. When it
comes to a poem we’ve read this week presenting imagery I’m going to talk about
“Poetry Should Ride the Bus”. Throughout
this entire poem imagery is present but the second stanza stuck out to me the
most. This is probably because I love makeup so much, and it was discussed in
this stanza. It felt as if I was the poetry. “ poetry should wear bright red lipstick n practice kisses in the
mirror for all the fine young men with fades shootin craps around the corner”
Agreed! "Poetry Should Ride the Bus" is an great example of imagery considering the fact that the poem is filled with it.
ReplyDeleteGreat connections made with the lyrics and the poem, I used the same poem in my blog post but the first verse. It's interesting how we picked different verses that stuck out to us differently, due to imagery!
ReplyDeleteAdele's Hometown gave me the same feeling of home. She made me want to visit my home as I remember it, seeing my neighborhood as I saw and felt it as a child. Thank you for evoking those memories.
ReplyDeleteI would never have thought to compare Adele and that poem good catch!
ReplyDelete