When it comes to poetry, it's something I've always loved. It soothes me deeply to the point where I feel as if when I read it, it makes me escape to another place. This place is actually called a "Happy Place" that makes me feel at peace. The metaphor that I'm going to use about poetry is,"Reading poetry is planting seeds of wisdom"
When I was doing this post I decided to look at Demarshun for my male and for my female I chose Dainty. When reading Demarshun post his view on women was " the modern day woman in majority of households is the head of that household. I remember there was a time, when the "man of the house" made decisions and those decisions was the law of that house". whereas, when reading Dainty post she feels as if , "most women play the role of both wife and mother, but also as a contributing and equal member of the household and society". When reading each of these post they both shared a similar thought in regards to women having more say so, then back in the day.
I like this post! Poems make reading the text more interesting.
ReplyDeleteGood point, I think poetry can be relaxing to all who give it a chance and actually find the deeper meanings behind the text.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, I really don’t like poetry, I really love your post & the metaphor you used to describe how you feel about poetry.
ReplyDelete